Though the essay form is more than four centuries old, it’s perfectly suited to the digital age–and to science writing. The Science Writers’ Essay Handbook will show you how to:
- Recognize and develop essay ideas
- Research and report for the essay form
- Structure your essays before you write
- Develop a distinctive authorial voice
- Revise and polish your essays
- Find an audience
- Apply your essay-writing skills to stories of all kinds, from magazine features to multimedia productions to social-media posts
No matter what kind of science storyteller you are, The Science Writers’ Essay Handbook will give you new tools to bring out the best in your work.
This e-Book was supported by a grant from the National Association of Science Writers.
About the author:
Michelle Nijhuis’ award-winning writing about science and the environment appears in National Geographic, Smithsonian, The New Yorker‘s Elements blog, and many other national publications. She is also a longtime contributing editor of High Country News, a magazine known for its in-depth coverage of environmental issues in the western United States.